Specifications: New Prime Steel 2-3/8 inch OD (ActualOutside Diameter = 2.3750 inches) x 13 gauge (nominal wall thickness approx .095 inches) x 11 feet long (tall) \ cold rolled (50,000 – 60,000 psi steel) hot dip galvanized tubular steel posts \ weight per post approx 25.3 lbs
Quantity: no minimum purchase quantity (we’re a very small company . . . we’re appreciative of the purchase of just one post)
Origin: USA, Mexico
TechNote#1: Generally there are four different wall thicknesses of 2-3/8 inch OD galvanized steel posts found at the big box home centers: 17 gauge (nominal .055″ wall), 16 gauge (nominal .065 wall), 15 gauge (nominal .072″ wall), and 13 gauge (nominal .095″ wall) – the posts we have here on Craigslist are the heaviest of the four
TechNote#2: The standard length post for an eight foot tall fence has always been ten feet. However, more and more eight foot tall fences are being constructed with a 6 to 12 inch rot board at the bottom and a cap board (catwalk) at the top. In this application you kinda start running out of post if you’re limited to using just ten footers. These eleven foot 13 gauge posts solve the problem; . . . the fence gets built properly above ground and you still have plenty of steel in the hole. Even more so , 11 ft. tall posts are a necessity for stepping down an 8 ft. tall fence line to follow the terrain.
Also we have the hardware for steel posts –
- Adapter Brackets-Straight (Simpson PipeGrip) – Note: these are the real Simpson brackets manufactured by Simpson Strong Tie Corp.
- Option#1: Purchase individually
- Option#2: In bulk (Bulk = 100 brackets at full price with 1/2 price on 400 lag screws)
- Wappo Adapter Brackets-Straight (WPA–0 Classic 2 piece style . . . Original Weight . . . Hot Dip Galvanized)
- Option #1: purchase individually: PRE-ASSEMBLED, without Lag Screws; . . . i.e., just the put-together . . . no lag screws . . . one or a thousand.
- Option #2: NOT ASSEMBLED in a bag of 100 (100 pairs + 200 Hot Dip GalvanizedCarriage Bolts w/nuts)
- Option #3: is pretty much the same as Option #2 above, but includes the 400 lag screws @ half price
- Aluminum Dome Caps (DPC–4)
- Lag Screws (Zinc Hex Head 1/4″ x 1-1/2″ . . . gets all of the 2×4 rail) – (they come in container quantities of 50, 100, and 200) / or in Case (1,875 pcs )
- Nine Bracket (AKA: Six Bracket) individually, or in bag of 250
P.S. We accumulate this material in 5′ lengths from time to time at a lower cost, if you have a welder you can make 10′ posts and save some money
P.P.S. We stock this post in 6′ thru 16′ in one foot increments.
© Wood And Fence Products Company